Directions: You are to construct a 3-dimensional model of a cell. You may choose to make a plant or an animal cell. For help you can use any worksheets from science, online resources, etc. You may work alone, in pairs, or in a group of three with permission from your teacher.
Project Requirements: 1. Construct a 3-D cell model using all cell parts listed below.
2. You must use materials that demonstrate structure
and/or function of the cell parts. HINT: think about
my classroom cell.
3. Project must be no larger than 1 cubic foot!
4. All parts should be clearly labeled. Your name(s) and
science hour(s) should be clearly marked.
5. All parts must be securely attached and the model
6. Neatly and thoroughly complete cell organelle chart
on back of this sheet and attach it to your project.
Possible materials: clay, styrofoam, wood, dry food, candy, small toys, yarn, toothpicks, pipe cleaners, dry pasta…. Be creative!! Go through your junk drawers at home!
No perishable (things that will mold or rot) materials allowed!! No food cells allowed!!
You may not make a cell that uses only one material (all lego cell or all Styrofoam cell).