We are looking forward to a productive, enjoyable day at the river. To ensure success and pleasure for all students and chaperones, the following guidelines must be observed:
1. All chaperones should report to Room 106 at 9:20 am.
2. Everyone needs to bring a sack lunch including a drink and a telephone book (or magazine) for pressing leaves.
3. Dress appropriately for the weather, wear boots or very old shoes that can be worn in the river, and bring a garbage (plastic) bag and dry clothes, or sweat pants and shirt to change into if necessary.
4. All groups will depart at about 9:45 and return to school by 2:45. We will walk on the bike path to and from the river, so wear comfortable shoes.
5. Groups should stay together with their chaperones on the bike path and at the river.
6. We will eat lunch at the pavilion at Glenwood Park.
7. Activities will continue until 2:15.
8. Upon our arrival back at school students should go directly to their advisory class.
9. You may want to bring insect repellant.
10. No open toed shoes during the entire trip (no flip flops or crocks).
Other suggestions for teachers and chaperones:
· Safety – Knee deep water ONLY!
· Before Bio- put on old shoes
· After Chem – change back to other shoes
· Final cleanup at Bio- Rinse all materials in the river and dry well. Roll up nets, and carry all equipment to the vehicle
· Final cleanup at Chem – Clean and dry all kit equipment and rinse other things in river and dry well. Carry all equipment to vehicle