2. Do I live in salt water, fresh water, land only, water and land (Amphibious).
3. What are my characteristics? (How would you describe me? My features?)
4. What makes me suited to the environment that I live in?
Task 2: Conservation of water
1. Why should we conserve water? (List 10 facts)
2. What are ways we can conserve water? (Write down information in your book to use for your brochure)
3. List 5 problems that would occur if we don't conserve the water that we have now?
4. How is Water conservation different in NZ compared to Australia, Britain and Asia? Task 3: Stream/river Usage/Damage
1. How is a river/stream damaged?
2. How can we prevent rivers and streams from being harmed?
3. What are positive uses of rivers and streams?
Use the facts about how rivers/streams are damaged and facts about how streams/rivers are used for good to list 10 facts about the ways they are damaged and 10 facts about how they are used. The links are provided for you below these directions on the web page.
How streams/rivers are damaged
How streams/rivers are used for good
YOUR TASK NOW IS TO MOVE ON AND CREATE YOUR OWN BROCHURE ABOUT RIVERS AND STREAMS...
BELOW IS THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Needs to be done on Microsoft publisher or by hand using word and cutting out and gluing pictures and text into a paper folded like a brochure with the theme of River/Stream conservation.
- 10 facts about river/stream damages
- 10 facts about river/stream use
- 2-3 images of the damage being done
- 5 facts about how we can repair or stop the damage
- Websites, phone numbers that others can contact to find information or help out